The individual post-doctoral candidates of Korea Research Fellowship (KRF) Program 2018
[Research Host Matching Service for KRF Candidates]
Korea Research Fellowship (KRF) invites outstanding postdoctoral researchers in order to achieve an excellent performance in their early stages of their professional careers. The program provides high-potential young &overseas researchers with a chance to carry out creative and emerging fields of projects, and supports them to grow as research leaders of tomorrow
> Program Detail
Eligibility of KRF candidates: Overseas post-doc researchers from all countries having diplomatic relations with Korea who have obtained their doctoral degree within the past five years starting from the date of official announcement.
1. Fields of Research: All fields in science and technology (*Preferred fields: high correlation fields related to 10 major category investment strategies such as ICT/SW, biotechnology, energy resources, nano-materials, machinery, agriculture/fishery and food, aerospace/aviation and marine, construction and transportation, meteorological environment, and basic research field of science.)
2. Duration of Fellowship: Up to five years (Less than a 3 year research period will be not be acceptable)
3. Expecting official announcement date of KRF 2018: (*First Batch: January 2018 *Second Batch: April 2018)
4. Level of Funding: Up to KRW 70 million per annum (personnel costs, living expenses, etc. for KRF fellow)
5. Qualifications of KRF candidates:
(Type 1) Foreign national or* Korean national post-doc researchers currently residing overseas that have received their doctoral degree within the past five years (as of the date of official announcement)
*Korean nationals – limited to those who are residing overseas and have earned their doctoral degrees abroad.
(Type 2) Foreign national post-doc researchers currently residing in Korea that have received their doctoral degree within the past five years (as of the date of official announcement)
* Please note that KRF candidates need to have obtained their physical doctoral degree certificate or diploma before the date of official announcement of KRF 2018. As a rule, provisional certificates are not accepted. Proof of work as a postdoctoral fellow without submitting the copy of actual degree certificate is not accepted.
* Only official certifications stating the degree conferral date issued by your degree awarded by the university can be granted. Certificates not showing a degree conferral date or provisional certificates are not acceptable.
7. How to apply
KRF applications are submitted by the inviting researchers (Host researchers) by uploading necessary documentations via the NRF website (ernd.nrf.re.kr) by the deadline of each batch.
KRF candidates wishing to participate in the program are advised to establish contact with a Korean or foreign host researcher in their field in Korea and to request him/her to submit an application.
KRF candidates are strongly suggested to make this contact well in advance of the host institution’s application deadline.
> Contact Information
National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)
KRF Support Team
Ms. Jeesoo Kim (Jenny)
☎ +82-42-869-6378/ email@example.com www.krf-help.net